Friday, June 29, 2007

On "Sicko"

You'd be hard-pressed to find me tearing up during a romantic comedy. But show me happy, caring doctors and pharmacists in Canada, England, and France, and I have to struggle to keep from bawling. "But BOLDgirl," you might say, "the future of the healthcare systems in these countries looks grim." Perhaps. But with all this talk of the global economy, how much of that is due to American companies jacking up the prices of their products? I will spare you further discussion of the wonders of these other countries and shall instead, leave you with this, just one more reason I love my adopted state.

3 comments:

aaronthemad said...

I'm too afraid to see Sicko. I think it'll leave me feeling sick when I leave the theater.

BOLDgirl said...

It just made me think more about my civic sense and the importance of being less selfish/greedy. Parts of it are funny.

Megan said...

You're right on about the civic sense. I think the most important part is when he asks, "Who are we?" [to let this happen] I'll eventually get around to blogging about it on my site too...